TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

I have a Samsung ltf460hj02. 46" LCD tv. I get no picture but

Customer Question
have sound. Pic was coming...
I have a Samsung ltf460hj02. 46" LCD tv. I get no picture but have sound. Pic was coming on briefly for 1 or 2 seconds for a while. Now no pic at all. Looks like the backlighting is working. I can tap on the screen and it glows a bit. Need to find out how to decide what is bad.
Submitted: 4 years ago.Category: TV
8/2/2013
TV Technician: Mike G., Technician replied 4 years ago
Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Hello, I can assist you. With your current symptoms, the Tv has either a bad Tcon board or bad Main board or bad ribbon cable between the boards. First try re-seating that ribbon cable. Other than that, there is no test to figure out which one is bad except trying them one at a time until it is fixed, but I suggest you start with the Tcon board. If neither of those boards fixes the problem then it is a bad LCD Panel (no real test for that either).

The model number you gave seems to be a panel number not the Tv model number. You can research/buy the boards online from several places. Just be sure to get the correct board because there are several versions for each model. Try to locate the LJ number on the board itself. If the part is not in stock at these sites then search eBay with the part number you find-
Jimmy
Encompass

Replacing the board is just simple screws and being careful with the fragile connectors but if you need any assistance let me know.

Please remember I am here to provide you with excellent service so if you need more help then REPLY here, otherwise please take a moment to leave a positive rating. Again, if you want more information then use the REPLY button (note that a negative rating does not issue a refund).

Thank you,
Ok. Model number is ln46c630k1. Which one is the tcon board. I've got the back cover off and can see light coming from thru the holes in the back panel when I powered up but nothing on the front screen
Mark,
The Tcon board the board along the top edge (or maybe bottom edge depending on panel). Here is an example:
ln46c630k Tcon Board

Mike G.
Mike G.
Mike G., Technician