TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

My question could either be a panasonic plasma question or

a cable question. My daughter...
My question could either be a panasonic plasma question or a cable question. My daughter was watching the TV. Put it on pause for a minute when she came back,pushed play and there wasn't any sound. Ideas?
8/2/2013
Steve G., Technician

Hello there and welcome to Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you today. I am an engineer with over 30 years of electrical and electronic training, repair and installation experience. I will try and answer your question accurately and precisely so that we can get you on your way.

Now..let's try th easy stuff first. Unplug that cable box from the wall for 60 seconds and then plug it back in.

Turn it on, let it go through its start up thing and then let me know if you have audio.

If not, I will need to know the make and model of the TV, the cable box and how the two are connected.

Please let me know so that we can continue.

Regards

Steve

ok thanks

Did it work?

no

but my daughter switched the box out with another box in the house and the sound came back

so ots the box

glad about that

thanks

Yup, it does appear to be the box. This is quite common.

If I can help you any further, please do not hesitate to ask. My goal is your complete satisfaction.

Have a wonderful weekend.

Steve

Steve G., Technician
Steve G., Technician