Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

when I turn my tv on a light blinks 10 times. is a tc-p50s1,

Customer Question

when I turn my tv on a light blinks 10 times. is a tc-p50s1, 2009, there is no pic. whats wrong and is it worth fixing?
Category: TV
Expert:  Louie replied 4 years ago.

Hi and welcome,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, the described symptom almost always point to a faulty A board and/or the P board. After a review of the repair / Service Manual, possible suspects are low or missing:

• tuner power and/or the main +3.3V (least likely);
  • • DTV +9V (likely);
  • sub +5V (most likely).

All of the above would require that the Panasonic be opened up for visual inspection, voltage checks, confirm faults and effect repairs.

The main challenge on this particular model would not just be the cost of replacement boards but their availability. Please click HERE.

As such, are you then considering a DIY (do-it-yourself) repair approach? If yes, pre-requisite would be access to and familiarity with a multimeter and even perhaps a soldering iron/hot-air station.

Please post back how you would want to approach this and/or should additional information be needed.