TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

I have an issue . Rx 8040. When you hit the power button /standby

Customer Question
button the led goes off...
I have an issue . Rx 8040. When you hit the power button /standby button the led goes off for five seconds and comes back on.
Submitted: 4 years ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 hour by:
8/2/2013
TV Technician: Louie, Technician replied 4 years ago
Louie, Technician

Hi and welcome,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, have you tried another outlet? Or unplugging for an extended period of time? Or temporarily disconnecting and checking all speakers and its wires, plug back in the power cord only, set the volume to the lowest and turn on?

Still, should it be an internal hardware issue, are you then considering a DIY (do-it-yourself) repair approach? If yes, pre-requisite would be access to and familiarity with a multimeter and even perhaps a soldering iron/hot-air station.

Equally important, could you make use of the repair / Service Manual?

Ifound the prob. Broken board. Thxanyway.

Great! Glad that the issue has been resolved, congratulations.

Appreciate the update and good luck with the JVC.

This is not an Info Request.

Louie, Technician