Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

can i program remote to use cable box

can i program remote to use cable box

p0llinate :

Hello, and welcome. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I’ll be assisting you today.

First a brief overview of the process: This is a live chat format, so I’ll need to communicate back and forth with you. You’ve already paid a deposit or membership to post your question here. I am an independent tech, and am volunteering my time unpaid until our chat is concluded. At that time I’ll request you click the EXCELLENT smiley face to close out our chat. It is my intention to solve your problem with a quick, honest, and helpful answer and my goal is for a rating of Excellent Service. You may receive an email survey after our chat, if you don’t feel I’ve earned a “10” rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.

Should you feel the need to provide a negative rating of Bad or Poor Service, please wait and let me know what I can do to clarify or more thoroughly answer your question instead. You are rating me personally, not this site or your product and negative rating will not initiate a refund. Please know that not all issues can be fixed online; in those cases of a hardware failure, I’ll troubleshoot and diagnose the problem, and provide a practical recommendation for how to proceed.

My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Let’s get started!

_________________________

p0llinate :

HI there sorry to hear you're having trouble,

p0llinate :

please tell me a bit more about what you are trying to do here:

p0llinate :

make/model of each device you want to control, and what remote you're wanting to use.

Customer:

its around a 36 inch flatscreen

Customer:

my dog ate the cable remote 11

p0llinate :

So you need a replacement cable box remote?

p0llinate :

Or you want to know if you can use the tv remote to control the cable box?

Customer:

i was wondering if the insignia remote could be used

p0llinate :

No, it cannot.

p0llinate :

The insignia remote is designed to control the tv only. It will not control any other device.

Customer:

ok thanks anyway

p0llinate :

Your best bet here would be to either contact the cable company and see if they will give (or sell) you a new remote,

p0llinate :

OR

p0llinate :

I can recommend some universal/programmable remotes that you could use for all your devices (ranging from $25-200, depending on capability)

Customer:

i have seen quite a few at walmart

p0llinate :

Yes, you can try those ones,

p0llinate :

insignia tv's can be difficult to program for though,

Customer:

ok thanks again

p0llinate :

certainly give a walmart one a try, if it doesn't work, you'd need one of the more advanced ones (programmed via your computer)

p0llinate :

Or again, get in touch with cable company for a new remote from them.

p0llinate :

Good luck!

p0llinate :

Should you have any other questions, feel free to get back in touch. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://www.justanswer.com/electronics/expert-p0llinate/

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX a good day,

Customer:

rock on 1111

p0llinate :

(please do remember to "rate" me before signing off for tonight as well, to close out this question)