TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

LG Plasma 50" Model LG50PC1DRA TV powers on can hear sound

Customer Question
LG Plasma 50" Model...
LG Plasma 50" Model LG50PC1DRA TV powers on can hear sound but screen flashes only. Tested the VA and The VS power Good . The Y board does have 1 heat sink that is cold after running awhile. Could the Y board be the cause?

Thanks
Submitted: 4 years ago.Category: TV
8/1/2013
TV Technician: euro-pro llc, Technician replied 4 years ago
euro-pro llc
euro-pro llc, Technician

euro-pro llc :

hi

euro-pro llc :

I will try to help you with this question

euro-pro llc :

I understand the VS and VA are OK

euro-pro llc :

How about the Vscan voltage on Y sus board(LG name this voltage -Vy)

euro-pro llc :

You can measure this voltage across a resistor on the Y sustain board- not against the cold ground!

euro-pro llc :

This -Vy should be around -190 to -200V( negative voltage)

euro-pro llc :

If this voltage is low, then try and disconnect the Y scan buffer(s) board(s) and see if the voltage goes back up !

euro-pro llc :

Please let me know what you find

euro-pro llc :

Please provide the model code, something like 50PC1DRA-UA.AUSLLH, found on the label on the back cover

Customer :

will have to in morning left for day

Customer :

Ok the Vy Tip reads 0 Volts . Model code 50pc1dra-ua.a

euro-pro llc :

euro-pro llc :

Thank you for the reply

euro-pro llc :

Please make sure you check the -Vy ACROSS the marked resistor!- and not having the black lead onto the cold ground

euro-pro llc :

If you have a 0 reading , it means the Y sus board is not working

euro-pro llc :

Please disconnect the Y scan buffer boards out of the circuit, by totally unplugging them from the connectors onto the Y sus board

euro-pro llc :

power up the tv set and check the -Vy again- if still 0= defective Y sus board.

euro-pro llc :

I will look up the part# for it right now

euro-pro llc :

The part# for this Y sus board is:

euro-pro llc :

6871QYH039A

euro-pro llc :

I found it for you here:

euro-pro llc :

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LG-VIZIO-Y-SUS-6871QYH039A-ALSO-WORKS-FOR-6871QYH039B-6870QYC004C-EBR30597501-/271250350868?pt=US_TV_Boards_Parts_Components&hash=item3f27c7e314

euro-pro llc :

Now, in case the -Vy goes up to the correct value about-190 to -200V after disconnecting from the circuit of the Y upper or Y lower scan drive boards= the Y sustain is Ok, and the issue is one of the Y upper or lower scan buffer boards !

euro-pro llc :

part # for these boards are:

euro-pro llc :

6871QDH088A upper scan buffer

euro-pro llc :

6871QDH089A lower scan buffer boards

euro-pro llc :

I hope this will help you getting this tv taken care of!

euro-pro llc :

Please leave a positive feedback if you feel I did my best to answer your question.

euro-pro llc :

Thank you, and have a great day!

euro-pro llc
euro-pro llc
euro-pro llc, Technician