TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

I hace LG 50 inch plasma TV.The screen went black audio is

Customer Question
ok.Can this be repaired....
I hace LG 50 inch plasma TV.The screen went black audio is ok.Can this be repaired.
Submitted: 4 years ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
7/11/2013
TV Technician: Tim Nolan, TV Repair Technician replied 4 years ago
Tim Nolan
Tim Nolan, TV Repair Technician
Hi! My name isXXXXX am happy to help you with this! Please bear with me and be patient as sometimes these issues take a little bit of figuring out before we know what's wrong. If you could give me some more information it will be very helpful:

-If you push the MENU button on the tv, does the menu show up?
-If you look close at the screen in a dark room, do you see a slight glow to the screen?
-How old is the unit?
- Do you have this problem while watching all different devices hooked to this television? (DVD player, cable, satellite, game console, etc.)

Please give me this information and I will be happy to assist you further.
Thank you,
Tim Nolan
No light on the screen even when pushing the menu button.Audio is good.TV is 6 years old.No other device works.
There are a couple of different things that could cause this tv to have sound but no pciture....the first is the power supply, and the second the main board. Also either sustain or scan driver board can cause this problem.

To know exactly what board is the cause, you need to have electronic repair experience, and test equipment. If you have this let me know and I will assist you in the troubleshooting of this tv. Otherwise you will need a repairman at this point. You can expect a bill of anywhere between $200-$400, on average.

I am sorry I don't have a quick fix or easy answer for you on this one, please let me know if you have the skills and tools and I will be happy to assist you. Also please let me know if there is anything else I can do for you.

If you would like any additional information or have more questions please don't hesitate to ask!

Please let me know if you have any other questions or need any other information at all, if you do please use the reply to expert tab. If this was all the info you needed then please remember to rate me before leaving. Please do not hesitate to ask anything, happy to help in any way I can!

Thanks,
Tim
Tim Nolan
Tim Nolan, TV Repair Technician
Tim Nolan
Tim Nolan
Tim Nolan, TV Repair Technician