TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

My 50 inch 1080 HDTV just died after 15 min of being on. What

could possibly went wrong and...
My 50 inch 1080 HDTV just died after 15 min of being on. What could possibly went wrong and how to fix it? My tv is CW50T9YW.
7/11/2013
Aric, Technician
Thank you for the question.

Can you please tell me how long you've owned the set for?

Additionally, have you checked the power cord connection at the back of the TV to make sure it is pushed in and secure?

Have you tried another outlet in the house, or are other devices in the outlet/surge protector working just fine?

I own this tv for almost 8 months. The power cord is secure. I've tried other outlets and it won't turn on. As I ,ve mentioned the light on the power on/ off indicator does not light up.

I understand the light does not light up which is why the first place I looked is the cord. No light indicates no stay by or any voltages present.

I have two more questions:

1) Was this set purchased brand new from an Authorized Retailer?

2) Have you disconnected the set from power, then pressed and held the power button on the TV itself for 10 seconds, plugged back in, then tried to power up again?

I bought it at Target ,brand new. I will try your suggestion. Do I do this with the remote control because the tv doesn't have push button for power.

The TV has buttons on the Right hand side if you're facing it- power is the one at the top.

I found the power button and tried your suggestion and it looks like it worked For now. Does this mean the problem had been resolved and nothing else is going on with the tv. Can I contact you again if the problem persists sooner or later?

Excellent and I'm glad to hear it worked. It is hard to do a postmortem and determine if the cord may have been inadvertently pulled loose- lost connection, then needed to be rebooted to cure the issue, or if there was something else amiss.

If you do have the same issue, you can follow up to this dialogue at no additional cost- even once you rate my service. The question stays open and you can either bookmark the page, reply to one of the Notification E-mails the site sends you, or log on at any time to: XXXXX XXXXX click on "My Questions".

If you're satisfied with my service, please do not forget to rate the service accordingly.
Hi, I just want to thank you for your help. My tv is working still. Hopefully it will stay working for a long time.
I'm glad that it's working. Could you please rate my service if you're satisfied?
Aric, Technician
Aric, Technician