TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

I have a JVC HD-61Z886. The picture has turned green with

I have a JVC HD-61Z886...
I have a JVC HD-61Z886. The picture has turned green with horizontal lines. I replaced the lamp, but that did not fix the issue. What is wrong? Can I fix it myself?
7/10/2013
Aric, Technician
Hello, My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be glad to assist you. Please keep in mind that there may be a few minutes between replies, as I research your problem.

How long have you had the set for and when did the problem occur?
Additionally, what is connected to the TV for devices (DVD, cable box, etc.), and do you have the same issue regardless of which Device you're watching?

I have had it for a long time ... maybe 5 years ... I don't remember when I bought it.

Right now it has a cable box/DVR and PS3 attached to it.

Thank you. XXXXX trying to find out is if the green screen with lines is present regardless of watching Cable Box or the PS3?

In other words is it always there?

The screen is always green with lines ... on all inputs ... all of the time

Okay I understand.

This isn't anything related to the Lamp (the lamp will not change the color of the picture, or cause lines, it will only make the picture darker when it fails).

There's a specific component that is responsible for this problem in the TV and it requires replacement. The fault is within the D-ILA Optics which use a Red,Green and Blue chip to produce the color on the screen, and the Green chip is failing which is causing the problem in your set. Individual chips are not available and the Light Engine needs to be replaced.

Unfortunately cost for a new Light Engine in this set (and the part is rare), is around $600 for the part to replace. Additionally parts are nearly non-existent on this TV as it's engine was much rarer, than say a Samsung or Mitsubishi set and JVC is not proficient at keeping replacement parts available.

I'm sorry for the bad news on the set, but there isn't a quick fix for the problem, and whenever you get a green tint, or completely green screen the Optical Block of the set does need to be replaced.

If you'd like you can use the link below to locate a Tech in your area:

www.tvrepairpros.com

If you need further assistance let me know.

If you're satisfied with my service, please do not forget to rate the answer accordingly.

Aric, Technician
Aric, Technician