TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

Hi. Last night my Phillips TV was working fine. My house guest

hit multiple buttons on side...
Hi. Last night my Phillips TV was working fine. My house guest hit multiple buttons on side of tv and remote trying to turn it off. This morning we have sound but no picture. Any thoughts on what they might have pushed or how to fix?
Answered in 1 minute by:
7/9/2013
Daniel, Electrical Engineer
Hi there happy to help.

Can you please let me know the model number of the TV? Also please unplug the TV for 10 minutes and then retry.

Let me know,

model # XXXXX TV is unplugged

OK, let me know.

Are you kidding me? Unplugging my tv is not expert assistance!

Relist: Answer quality.
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician

Hello my name is Anthony (different expert)
Welcome
Thanks for the Question

I may be a few minutes between each request for info thanks for your patience!

Unplugging the set reinitialises the set so unplug it for 5 mins then replug back in, I am guessing you have done that and still have no picture?

If so is the display black?

If you press the menu button of the sets own remote control is their any menu display coming up please?

Let me know please

Anthony

no change on picture. menu comes up.

Hi

How are you viewing TV services please?satellite/cable box/cable straight/antenna?

Let me know please

Anthony

Comcast cable

Hi

OK because the menu has come up that tells me a lot about the functionality of the set so its either a signal issue with the set OR a signal input of the set, the latter being the most likely so please reboot the cable box by unplugging that from wallpower waiting 5 mins then replugging that back in, if you still have a problem please inspect the lead/leads from the box to the TV make sure everything is as it should be.

Let me know please and then we move on

Anthony

I already rebooted cable box and checked connections. IS there any button on the tv that would cause the display to not work?

Hi

Have you tried another input like a dvd player or similar?is it the same with that?

The menu is coming up so no buttons or otherwise are responsible its a signal issue for the picture,

Let me know what its like with another input if it works OK then its very likely to be a bad box, or a broken socket on the set

Anthony

Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician