Tim Nolan
Tim Nolan, TV Repair Technician
Experience:  Factory trained TV repair technician. U.S. NAVY trained.
12486280

I just installed a rogers digital box. I have a sony tv model

I just installed a rogers digital box. I have a sony tv model #kdf-e55a20 and a sony dvd home theatre system #davfx900.Earlier today I spoke to sony and they told me to push certain buttons on the control and the tv worked but I must have turned it off by one control or the other and now all I get is "NO SIGNAL....C 3 with a snowy screen?rogers has just checked the box and it is working fine so it must be the tv controller or the dvd home system controller
Hi, my name isXXXXX am happy to help you with this.

I need to know how you hooked the rogers box to the tv?

Cabling choices

The choices are:

Component cables: 5 wires between the tv and the device, these are color coded on the end and have a green, a blue, a red, a white, and another red cable

Composite cables: 3 wires between the tv and the device, these are color coded on the end and have a yellow, a white, and a red.

HDMI: 1 wire between the tv and the device, this is a single wire and looks like a computer plug on each end, similar to a large USB connector.

Coax: This is 1 wire between the tv and the device as well. This is the normal cable wire with the end the screws

Thanks,
Tim
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

hdmi wire from tv to home theatre system

box to tv green/blue/red

box to home theatre red /white(sony guy this morning told me I didn't need the yellow connected

OK sounds like your tv is on the wrong input then.

Please push the TV/VIDEO button on the Sony remote to cycle through all the options, do you get your picture back on one of them?

Tim
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

no but it did this morning with the sony guy...all I get is video 4 then click again and video 6

It just switches between 4 and 6, no others?

Tim
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

No.. Signal on left side of screen and 3C on right side of screen then I push the tv/video button and it comes up video 4 cable box then click again and it comes up video 6 dvd

Then you push it again and it says 4 cable box again?

Tim
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

yes

Have you turned the DVD on and try to view a dvd from it yet?

Tim
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

yes just put in a dvd and it is working

Ok, can you look in the back of the tv and confirm that the cable box cables are hooked into input 4 in the back of the tv?

Tim
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

confirmed

OK so...

The green, blue, and red cables go directly from the cable box to the tv.

Those cables go into input 4 on the back of the tv.

You have the cable box on.

You have the tv set to input 4.

But you have no picture, instead the screen says NO SIGNAL C4?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

now I have a tv guide listing chanells and description of show but the top left of the screen which normally shows a pic of the show is black ..I can move up and down chanells but If I click on 1 it comes up black

What are you moving up and down channels with? The rogers remote or the Sony remote?

Tim
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

with the rogers remote and I'm on the phone with them now..they say the have some hd channel outages in the area but regular channels should work..they are presently checking...my system ...maybe it's rogers that the problem...they say they are sending a technition

Did you push the CBL button on the top pf the rogers remote before changing channels?

Tim
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

yes....rogers is sending a teck on wed...ugh...45 minutes on the phone with them yesterday they said it was my tv controls...35 minutes with sony this morning to get it working ...then at 6 p.m. got only channel 79..called rogers 20 minutes they said it was my tv..then 2 hours on this venue at he same time on line with my son in chicago for 2 hours he was also trouble shooting....15 more minutes on rogers then they decide to send a teck and they are going to give me a credit of 3 days...total value $6.00...lol...

Wow, gotta love cable companies, they are the worst!

Let us know how it goes when they get you up and running. Let me know if we can ever do anything for you too please.

Thanks,
Tim
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

thanks for your help...now I just thought of something the rogers truck was across the street today ...I'll speak to the neighbor tomorrow to compare notes...have a good evening...I'll give you the max rating

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

problem resolved it was a defective rogers digital box...everything works now thx