TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

Hello, I have an AKAI Plasma tv model PDP4216M, the HDMI port

does not work, component out...
Hello, I have an AKAI Plasma tv model PDP4216M, the HDMI port does not work, component out works after about 5 mins. the vs & va check good. The power supply board p/n 3501Q00150B has a ceramic fuse (position # XXXXX seems to be good but when I switch my meter to volts (red to the fuse, black to ground) the meter value goes up and down on numbers) ?? Any idea?
Thank you!
7/8/2013
euro-pro llc
euro-pro llc, Technician

euro-pro llc :

euro-pro llc :

I will try to help you with this question.

euro-pro llc :

The reason the fuse checks good when on ohms, but voltage jumps when meter on voltage with the black lead on ground, is this fuse is possible on the hot ground side of the power supply, requiring the black lead on the hot ground

euro-pro llc :

I would not worry about this!

euro-pro llc :

Once the VS and VA are OK, there is no issue with the power supply!

euro-pro llc :

Your issue is what we call the main board- this is the board with all the TV inputs and tuner on it !

euro-pro llc :

This is the one causing the HDMI not to work ,also component to work only sometimes !

euro-pro llc :

This is not hard to replace, but will not be cheap, maybe around -$150, if is available.

euro-pro llc :

Let me research a little to see where you can buy this board

Customer:

Well I was able to purchase a few of those main boards pretty cheap, I have about three of them to try out.

euro-pro llc :

The part# XXXXX this board is:

euro-pro llc :

771E42AA02-01

Customer:

anything on that board that can be tested to see if there are any problems?

euro-pro llc :

I only show the version-01 to work with this model, there may be some other ones-04,-06 also, but I am not sure they will work with your set!

euro-pro llc :

This issue is pretty straight forward the main board's fault

Customer:

ok I will check the versions out of the boards I do have.

euro-pro llc :

You can test on the connectors between the power board and the main, to see if you get a 5 and a 12V supplied to the main, if these voltages are OK, then you should not worry about anything else, only main board is the issue

Customer:

the part number you gave me is the same p/n on the power supply board? I show p/n E3761-050020??

euro-pro llc :

please note a 4.8 to 5.6 and 11-5 to 13 V are still consireded OK as supplies for the main

euro-pro llc :

this part# XXXXX XXXXX manufacturer code, and not the service part#

euro-pro llc :

This manufacturer part code does not give a clear indication about the version..let me see if I can find the manuf code for the correct part#( this would be the number on the board itself)

euro-pro llc :

yes, this is the correct one!

euro-pro llc :

Please see below:

euro-pro llc :

http://www.tristatemodule.com/p-25154-771e42aa02-01-akai-tv-module-main-board-e3761-050020-pdp4216m.aspx

Customer:

ok let me check

euro-pro llc :

here it shows the cross reference between the service part# XXXXX the manufacturer code- and it is the same with yours

euro-pro llc :

Once you replace this main board, it will resolve the HDMI and component issues you have!

Customer:

ok nice I see that, maybe I purchased bad boards. I will purchase one from these guys and they it out.

euro-pro llc :

I hope this helps, please leave a positive feedback if you feel I did my best to answer your qustion

Customer:

you sure did thank you very much!

euro-pro llc :

This seller I indicated you is a reputable seller, they sell all their parts with warranty!

Customer:

Perfect!

euro-pro llc :

You are very welcome, thank you, XXXXX XXXXX a great afternoon!

Customer:

You do the same!

euro-pro llc
euro-pro llc, Technician
euro-pro llc
euro-pro llc
euro-pro llc, Technician