Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

i hAVE a tOSHIBA mODEL # XXXXX tv AND i THINK iT NEEDS A

Customer Question

i hAVE a tOSHIBA mODEL # XXXXX tv AND i THINK iT NEEDS A CONVERSION aMPHIER pART # XXXXX . tHE tV wILL COME ON FOR 5 SECOUNDS AND THE PICTURE GOES BLANK rED pOWER LIGHT STARTS BLINKING iS THIS THE PART THAT MIGHT BE BAD,AND HOW DO i CHANGE IT iF i COULD GET THE PART.tHANK YOU, jOHN
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 4 years ago.
Hello, My name is Aric and I will be glad to assist you. Please keep in mind that there may be a few minutes between replies, as I research your problem.

I need you to check and postback with the correct model number of the TV. The model you posted is not valid.

Also, how long have you had the set for, and when did the problem occur?

Does the standby/timer light blink continuously, or in a pattern (such as 5 blinks, pause, 5 blinks, pause, etc.)?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

The tv is 14 years old, The power light starts blinking after 5 secounds

Expert:  Aric replied 4 years ago.
Thank you. As requested I need the correct model number off of the back of the tv. The one you posted does not come up even in a google search.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Model # TP50H95 Serial # 86988846 Manufactured 8/98

Expert:  Aric replied 4 years ago.
Thank you.

Can you tell me WHY you think the problem is the part number you specified? Unless there's obvious signs of burns, or damage to that board- that is simply a guess.

I need to know more about the blinking power light. After 5 seconds, when the light starts blinking....is it blinking continuously, or in a pattern (such as 5 blinks, pause, 5 blinks)?

We need to know how many times the light blinks between pauses as well as any other relevant information to try and solve this problem.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Blinking continuousy Untill I disconnect the power

Expert:  Aric replied 4 years ago.
Okay, can you tell me what makes you suspect the board you referenced?

Also, can you repost the part number off that board?

Do you have a service manual and multi meter, along with the ability to troubleshoot down to a component level?