Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

hi i have a 50px75u plasma and Yesterday i had a power outage.Once

hi
i have a 50px75u plasma and Yesterday i had a power outage.Once power was restored my TV stopped working.I have tried connecting a DVD player directly to TV and No picture.The cable is working fine,as I have service on the other tvs.
Hello
Welcome
Thanks for the Question

I may be a few minutes between each request for info thanks for your patience!

Is the powerlight blinking in the front of the set please?

Do you have any sound please?

Anthony
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

No power light is steady and no sound

Hi

If you press the menu button of the sets own remote control does the menu come up please?

Anthony
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

yes it does

Hi

At this point you almost certain have a problem with the box (satellite or cable)so please check the lead initially that goes from the TV to the box make sure its home and good, then reboot the box by unplugging it from wallpower waiting 5 mins then replugging the box back in again as in some cases a software glitch in the box can cause this.

Let me know what happens when you do those two checks.

I am sending a rating bar please only rate if problem resolved or a conclusion reached if not please press "reply to expert" without rating and I will continue to help

Many Thanks
Anthony
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

still no picture.Could it be that HDMI is not working correctly.?

Hi

Yes it could well be swop the lead if necessary

If you have another input like a dvd try that if that works OK then its a box problem, you may need to get the box swopped

Let me know if you need more info

Anthony
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

tried plugging DVD player with s-video and still no picture.Also tried HDMI from dvd to Tv still no picture.I cycled through the imputs on tv to see if any showed picture. No luck

Hi Mike

Thats really unusual for this type of issue if thats the case then that you have no signal from the dvd too then it is a signals board problem.
The set is not recording an error and is in the ON mode so its running with no signal, the signals board will need to be replaced, do you think you can do that yourself ?I will provide more details.

Let me know please

Anthony
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

no that is outside my comfort zone.I may have to have someone come look at it.

Thanks for your help

Hi Mike

If you need a tech you can find an approved tech in your area by using this link www.tvrepairpros.com really unusual to have an signals issue however with an outage anything can happen

Let me know if you need more info

Many Thanks
Anthony