Daniel, Electrical Engineer
Experience:  BSEE (Electrical Engineer), 10+ years electronic design experience ,chip, board, component expert
47322625

Can i hook up the cables of either: 2 antennas OR 1 antenna

Can i hook up the cables of either: 2 antennas OR 1 antenna & satellite dish to the 2 input ports of the below multiswitch 2x16 product?

Blonder Tongue SMR-1600 16-Port Satellite TV Multiswitch

see picture at below website
http://www.biggerbids.com/auction-image-gallery.php?auction_id=731564&image_id=4405156

This product does not need power supply. So will it work if I hook up only 1 or 2 receivers to it?
Hi there happy to help.

Is your concern with only hooking up 1 or two sources to this multi-input device?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

There are 3 questions:

Q1: Can i hook up the 2 cables of 2 separate antennas to 2 INPUT ports of this product SMR-1600 multiswitch 2x16?

Q2: Can i hook up ONE cable of 1 antennas AND ONE cable of 1 satellite dish to 2 INPUT ports of this product SMR-1600 multiswitch 2x16?

Q3: This product does not need power supply. So will it work if I hook up only 1 or 2 receivers http://www.solidsignal.com/pview.asp?p=ss6198a&d=blonder-tongue-commercial-digital-satellite-receiver-%28cdsr-6198a%29 to it?

Q1=> Yes

Q2=> Yes

Q3=> Yes

Its a simple input switching device. All you need to do is select the proper input, it does not matter how many inputs you have connected.

Please don't forget to rate me and have a great day.