Carl L
Carl L, Master Technician
Experience:  Current Electronics Shop Owner and Master Technician in FL.
27991594

My tv screen resolution and sound settings dont save, when

Customer Question

My tv screen resolution and sound settings don't save, when customized. Also have a line running straight down the screen on the right side of the screen. The line appears to be green in color. What is wrong with my tv?
Category: TV
Expert:  Carl L replied 4 years ago.

Hi and welcome to Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX will be assisting you today.

What is the make and model of your TV?

The settings not holding is Main Board related but the line of dead pixels is an addressing short on the Buffer Line. Depending on the TV type that you have (LCD, LED, Plasma, etc.), it could be a Buffer Board, Main Board, or the Panel. If it's the Panel and you're not covered under warranty, sell the internal Boards and toss the TV. A new Panel is well over a $1,000 for any and all TV's and is never worth replacing.

Let me know what you have and I'll be able to give you a more accurate answer on this.

Thanks,

XXXXX XXXXXndsey

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Samsung LCD screen, the screen also gets hot. The model code PN50B450B1DXZA Version SL04
Expert:  Carl L replied 4 years ago.

According to the Model Number, this is a Plasma TV not a LCD.

The screen will get pretty warm under normal working conditions. Are you still under warranty by chance? If not, remove the back cover and reseat all connectors and ribbon cables that you can find. Reseating just means to unplug and plug back in. If that doesn't fix the problem, the first step would be to replace the Main Board. I would need to know the Main Boards Part # in order to locate a replacement for you.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No longer on warranty purchased in 2008-2009...
Expert:  Carl L replied 4 years ago.
Ok, are you looking to repair this yourself? If so, go ahead and perform the steps I provided above and we'll go from there.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I am looking into self repair if possible
Expert:  Carl L replied 4 years ago.

Sorry for the delay my friend. I wasn't notified of you reply for some reason.

Did you try the steps I provided above? If you didn't see them, here it is again:

"Remove the back cover and reseat all connectors and ribbon cables that you can find. Reseating just means to unplug and plug back in. If that doesn't fix the problem, the first step would be to replace the Main Board. I would need to know the Main Boards Part # in order to locate a replacement for you."

Best Regards,

Carl Lindsey

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I have not yet tried to do anything to it, but as soon as I can I will try to do so. Is there anything else to try before opening up tv?... I'm afraid ill have an electrical short or something
Expert:  Carl L replied 4 years ago.
I'm afraid not. We would have to start with that first then continue forward.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Ok, so I will need to check for main board # right?... I will check into it
Expert:  Carl L replied 4 years ago.
Correct. I'll be able to find you a replacement once I have the Board's Part #.