TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

I have a 65 in dlp. Wd-65738. Have had no problems since purchase

I have a 65 in...
I have a 65 in dlp. Wd-65738. Have had no problems since purchase in late 2010. Turned on tv. No picture but had sound. Tried to reset - didn't fix problem. Plenty of ventilation in back of set. Ordered new bulb. Problem seemed fixed for about 45 seconds. Screen then began to distort, then went black, then tv shut off. Tried again - same result. Thoughts?
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/24/2013
Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Hello, my name isXXXXX'll be happy to assist you,
I'm sorry you are having this difficulty.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions about your TV so that we can troubleshoot the issue.

- Does status light on TV blink in red or yellow when TV shuts Off?
If yes, can you please check in what order it blinks?

Thanks.
When I turn tv on the status lite is green. 18 seconds later the picture comes on and is normal for 25 seconds then begins to flicker. Picture flickers for 8 seconds then tv turns off. When tv goes off the status light is solid red.
Thanks Marc for the reply.
Solid red status light indicates lamp failure issue in TV,
- Can you please tell me where did you buy replacement bulb and what was its price?
- Was it complete lamp assembly or bare bulb installed in old lamp casing?
Purchased from amazon. Complete assembly. Forcetek model 915B441001. Paid 34.30.
Thanks Marc for the reply.
It seems lamp issue in TV as TV protection system detects lamp failure error and display it as solid red status light.
There is big price difference in amazon lamp and Mitsubishi original replacement that is available for $99 at Mitsubishi Parts (official site).
Please click above link, put TV model number in search bar to get lamp price info.
I would recommend to install Mitsubishi original replacement lamp in TV that would resolve the problem.
I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated!
Regards,
Shahid.
Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Shahid
Shahid
Shahid, Technician