Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

Not able to turn off or on,mute it or volume control with the

Not able to turn off or on,mute it or volume control with the remote and it not the remote and (again it not the remote) can do all manually
Hello
Welcome
Thanks for the Question

I may be a few minutes between each request for info thanks for your patience!

Is it the sound your refering to please?

So you cant do anything with the sound with the remote but it works OK at the set itself?

Let me know please
Anthony
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

yes it can all be done manually

Hi

Does the remote control do anything else like change channels?
Or does it not do anything however your sure its working?

Anthony
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

change channels on the remote is fine

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Changes channels fine

Hi Darryl

Ok I need you to check the operation of the remote control by doing this >>point the remote control at a cellphone or digital camera and press buttons that are working you will see a glow coming from the "eye" in the front of the remote through the viewfinder of the camera now press the volume buttons is their still a glow coming from the "eye"?if not the remote is bad and you will need a new remote I will provide more details on that once you confirm if the remote is bad.

I am sending a rating bar please only rate if problem resolved or a conclusion reached if not please press the "reply to expert" tab without rating and I will provide more help

This is an ongoing session

Many Thanks
Anthony

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

THE REMOTE IS FINE THIS WHAT I HAVE SAYING THE PROBLEM IS NOT THE REMOTE

Hi Darryl

So I assume you carried out that very important check to eliminate the remote?

Its very very rare to get a situation like this were the remote works OK for other functions but not for one function

Please let me know you carried out the check

Also is this the ORIGINAL remote for the set OR is it a universal?

Anthony

Anthony

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

IT IS NOT THE REMOTE THE REMOTE IS FINE

Anthony
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I HAVE TRY BOTH HOW MANNY TIMES DO I HAVE TO SAY IT IS NOT THE REMOTE

Hi

I can see your frustrated with this but what your describing is a situation that I have only seen once in 30 years of working with TVs its VERY LIKELY to be the remote than the set you may have two broken remotes

Have you rebooted the TV by unplugging it from wallpower waiting 5 mins then replugging back in again?

Anthony
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

how many times do i have to say is is not it is not the remote. is there any other solution you can come up with. and if so about how much it cost just a ball park figure is fine. it is not the remote

Hi

OK but its very bizzare that the remote does other functions but not the sound or on off it will mean that the mainboard will need to be replaced thats were the processing for the remote control takes place $250 for a tech to fix if you can get the set into a repairers yourself, you can find a tech in your area by using this link www.tvrepairpros.com

Please let me know if you need more info

Anthony