TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

Samsung DLP hls5686wx xaa. The TV turned on and everything

looked great. I left the...
Samsung DLP hls5686wx xaa. The TV turned on and everything looked great. I left the room for an hour or so and it was off. I tried to turn it back on Buy got absolutly no reading that electricity was even entering the TV. The outlet is confired working and there are no indications of power at all. No LED lights, nothing. I have taken the back off and checked for anything loose as well as main items such as the bulb. I have unplugged and replugging the TV and still nothing. I don't know how much this might effect the tv but the power cord is not the original. It is 3 pronged and the TV had turned on and worked with it before. I received this TV for free and want to know if I can fix this problem without taking it in to a TV repair shop.
6/22/2013
Jeff the TV Guy
Jeff the TV Guy, Technician

Jeff the TV Guy :

The TV has safety switches on the lamp door, that has to be actuated before any voltage is applied to the Power Supply and rest of the TV.

Jeff the TV Guy :

So, please double check that.

Jeff the TV Guy :

That is the only "user serviceable" component that would cause this problem.

Jeff the TV Guy :

Sometimes the TV will experience an abnormal/unsafe situation and shut down the TV until the problem has been remedied.

Jeff the TV Guy :

I would suggest reassembling the TV and trying again.

Jeff the TV Guy :

Without having professional training, I would recommend against anything further due to the dangers involved.

Jeff the TV Guy :

I recommend at least having a shop look at the TV, it may only cost $200 to fix, it is better than looking for a new TV.

Jeff the TV Guy :

Please let me know if you need any more information, or a referral to a local TV repair shop

Jeff the TV Guy :

I wish you the best!

Customer: I have attempted that several times and just repeated the step once more. It has not solved my problem. I am not conserned with any dangers that may be involved in my attempts to resolve this issue. I am not concerned with accidentally damaging this unit further. Since $200 dollars would buy me a much better TV than this I would not spend it having this one repaired. However I would like to know what might cause this and steps/parts to resolve the issue.
Anthony F.
Anthony F., Owner of TV Service Center

Hello Please BE aware
This is tech information service. you are paying for the benefit of my real world experience and can save you time and money
Going in another direction here
if the tv is completely dead acts just like it is unplugged?
no lights
no clicks?
Replace the power supply board
at this point the lamp door open or closed is irrelevant
the tv has to respond first
should be a standby light as soon as you plug it in
and a flashing light when you attempt to turn it on
if not replace the power supply

BP94-02261A http://www.tvtechparts.com/BP94-02261A-p/bp94-02261a.htm

Anthony F.
Anthony F., Owner of TV Service Center
From the research I have done that was the step I was going to take next. Would it even be possible to find a new one or do I need to start looking for used? Could the AC power cord I used have cause damage to the power board?
no it should not have its a stadard computer power cord
nothig special about it
I provided you with a link to get the part above
Anthony F.
Anthony F.
Anthony F., Owner of TV Service Center