Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

How to connect external speakers to LG TV?

How to connect external speakers to a LG LCD TV? I would like better sound but don't see the connections. Is there a way of doing this?

Hello Martin, Welcome to JustAnswer.

Not sure what type of external speakers or sound you had in mind but there are a couple of options here with this model.

There is an optical audio out at the back of this TV that could be used either with a soundbar or home theater system, soundbar would be the easiest in this case.

If you have nothing fancy in mind but just better sound then a good pair of computer speakers (or soundbar) connected in the headphones jack on this TV would do the trick.

I will be in standby for your questions

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I was thinking about the Bose Solo.

Nice choice then and I could not better that unless you wan to get into soundbars with wireless subs for example. This would fit perfectly with this TV. All you will need with this is an optical cable.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

So its just a simple plug in to the optical audio port? And the Bose Solo is a good unit?

Yes this soundbar is connected with an optical cable either out of the TV or the cable box, satellite receiver, any optical audio sound source will work for that matter.

As for being a good unit, well it is Bose and I saw some good review on it. I also like the fact that you can sit your TV directly on it, no need to hang it on the wall or set it on a shelf. I will be in standby if you have any questions.