How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Aric Your Own Question
Aric, Technician
Category: TV
Satisfied Customers: 44905
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
Type Your TV Question Here...
Aric is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Want to connect LC-60E79U (HDMI) to computer (HDMI). What

This answer was rated:

Want to connect LC-60E79U (HDMI) to computer (HDMI). What TV HDMI input should I use to carry both audio and video?
Hello, My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be glad to assist you.

The TV does not need to use HDMI 1 to carry both Audio and Video.

Any HDMI jacks that is not a dedicated PC Input will carry both Audio and Video.

Dedicated PC Inputs typically have a seperate PC Audio 1/8" Input jacks you can use- but this jack is assignable.

You can use HDMI 7 or 8 if the PC transmits both Audio and Video out of it's HDMI jack jack.

You can also use HDMI 6, but would need to also run a seperate 1/8" Audio cable from the PC to the TV.

Aric and 3 other TV Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Aric .... thanks much - I am going to have to config this via telephone with the end user so I couldn't guess at what HDMI input to use - your answer is perfect (so far) - won't know for a few weeks but I'll use HDMI7 or 8 per your recommendation.