TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

Onn Universal Remote Codes

Customer Question
What code do i need...
What code do i need to program my ONN universal remote to my curtis 326a-2 t.v?
Submitted: 4 years ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/26/2013
TV Technician: Carl L, Master Technician replied 4 years ago
Carl L
Carl L, Master Technician

Hi, and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** my #1 goal today is to provide you with Excellent Service .

There are quite a few codes for a Curtis TV. Depending on which remote version you have, here are the only codes for a Curtis TV:

Remote Model #39900:

5018, 5027, 5028, 5050, 5074, 5075, 5076, 5079, 5081, 5084, 5090, 5095, 5112, 5129, 5149, 5169 5179, 5247, and 5288.

Remote Model #ONA12AV058:

0001, 0261, 0351, 1191, 1221, 1261, 1311, 1421, 1551,1661,1691,3421, 4011, and 4941.

Hope this helps my friend.

Best Regards,

***** *****ndsey

featured content

Onn Remote Codes Explained

Your Onn universal remote uses a series of codes to identify and sync with the different devices in your home. To use your remote, you will need to find the correct Onn remote codes for your devices.

Finding your Onn remote codes

There are different models of Onn universal remotes, and they each use different codes. The model number is printed on the back of the remote.

Once you have identified the model number, you can download the correct code list for your remote. These code lists are divided by device type and brand.

Programming your Onn remote

Once you have the code list for your device, follow these steps to manually program your remote.

1. Start by turning on the device to be synced.
  2. Hold the Setup button until the indicator light turns on, then release it.
  3. Press and release the correct button for the type of device (TV, SAT, AUX etc.), making sure that the indicator light flashes.
  4. Enter the first code from the correct code list on the number pad on the remote.
  5. Test the code by pointing the remote at the device, and hitting the Power buttonIf the device turns off, you have successfully synced the remote.
  6. If the device does not power off, you will need to repeat this process for each of the codes in your code list, until you find the one that does work.

If you sync a device, but you find that your remote does not function properly, you may not be using the correct code. Continue to try other codes from the downloaded code list until you find one that works better. 

Using Onn remote Auto Code Search 

You also have the option to try an auto code search for your device.

2. Hold the Setup button until the indicator light turns on, then release it.
  3. Press and release the correct button for the type of device (TV, SAT, AUX etc.), making sure that the indicator light flashes.
  4. Aim the remote at the device to be syncedIf the device is a TV, press and release the Power button. Otherwise, press and release the Play button.
  5. The indicator light will flash every few seconds as the remote cycles through and tests device codes. Be ready to press the 1 button to lock in the code.
  6. When the device shuts off (TV) or begins playing (other), you have found the correct code. Quickly press the 1 button to lock in the code before the remote moves to the next one. Note: As the remote cycles through codes, it may interact with other devices. Ignore these, and wait for the correct device.

You should still test the remote to make sure that it was programmed with the correct code. If it does not function properly, try the auto code search again, and wait for another code to work with the device.

Carl L
Carl L
Carl L, Master Technician