TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

I have a samsung HD LED TV Series 6-6003 with a samsung HWE450

Customer Question
sound bar and a Samsung...
I have a samsung HD LED TV Series 6-6003 with a samsung HWE450 sound bar and a Samsung Blue ray DVD player BD E5700. I have no issue listening through the sound bar with TV. When I play a DVD the sound will only come through the TV and not the sound bar.
I have the sound bar connected to my Charter cable HDTV Box via an audio cable. I tried connecting the sound bar audio cable directly to the audio out on the TV, but that doesn't give any sound. There is an otion from the sound bar for an optical cable, but the TV does not have that connection. The cable box is plugged into the TV via HDMI 1 and the DVD via HDMI 2
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: TV
1/6/2013
TV Technician: Daniel, Electrical Engineer replied 5 years ago
Daniel, Electrical Engineer
Hi there happy to help.

Can you give me the exact model number of your TV?
Do I need to stay home to try any suggestions
You have? I have some shopping to DI today
Any idea on how long?
Hi, I can help you right away if you tell me the following......

60EH6003 LED
OK, please give me a few minutes to put a solution together for you.......
OK, here's what you need to do......

Run all components to the TV with HDMI cables.

Next by this switch........

CLICK HERE

Run optical audio cables from each component to the switch inputs. Then take the single output to your soundbar input.

This will give you digital audio at the TV and soundbar from all devices.
I ordered the nyrius and received it today. The only component that has an optical audio is the sound bar
The TV, Blue Ray and HD cable box do not have an optical connection.
OK, can you give me the model number of the HD cable box?
Motorola. DCH6416. HD Dual Tuner DVR
OK, this tuner has an optical out.

This only leaves the problem of the Blue Ray which has a coaxial digital output. I apologize I missed this. So you will need a converter to take this to an optical connection to your switch..........

SEE HERE

That should get all digital sound to your soundbar's optical input.

Please don't forget to rate me and have a great evening.

Is this a special order like the other item or
Can I get it local at Best Buy or Radio shack?
Its a bit of a specialty item I doubt radio shack would have it. I would call them first so you don't waste a trip.

Take care.
Daniel, Electrical Engineer