TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

how do i connect sony bravia tv, sony bluray dvd and directv

Customer Question
box?...
how do i connect sony bravia tv, sony bluray dvd and directv box?
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/30/2012
TV Technician: PramitP, Technician replied 5 years ago
PramitP
PramitP, Technician

PramitP :

Thank you for choosing JustAnswer.

PramitP :

How many HDMI ports does your TV have?

Customer :

1

Customer :

is there such a thing as a splitter for hdmi cables?

PramitP :

Yes, but that not do justice to the quality

PramitP :

Your TV has Red Green Blue Ports right?

Customer :

yes

PramitP :

What you can do is connect your DirectTV to those ports and BluRay to HDMI ports

PramitP :

That works for many

Customer :

hmmm. not sure about that

PramitP :

Have you tried that?

Customer :

working on it

PramitP :

Let me know how it goes. If I don't respond soon, close the chat. I will reply today itself.

Customer :

ok so the set up menu came up for the first time which is a good thing. what about audio connections?

PramitP :

For HDMI, HDMI itself carries audio as well as video

PramitP :

For component(Red Green Blue) you will find a pair of port(Red and White)

PramitP :

Those Red and White are for audio

PramitP :

The Red for video and the red for audio are different

PramitP :

Let me know if you have any queries

PramitP :

The input will be written near the port itself.

PramitP :

Use your remote to select that input

Customer :

no tv picture - just dvd menu

PramitP :

What have you connected to your TV?

Customer :

red, blue green cables from tv to directv box

PramitP :

Ok, once connected, turn the TV and directtv box on. Using your remote select the appropriate menu(say VIDEO-1)

PramitP :

appropriate "input"

PramitP :

Did it work?

Customer :

nope

PramitP :

What problem do you face?

Customer :

video 1/dvd screen is black and the satellite has image from the blu ray

PramitP :

Try video 2 for DVD

PramitP :

Is your bluray connecting fine?

Customer :

blu ray is fine, audio is working but i had to plug the hdmi cable in to directv box to get picture

PramitP :

And how is the directtv connected to TV?

PramitP :

You have 3 devices alltogether, correct? Bluray, dvd, directtv.

Customer :

sat box connected to tv with the red, blue & green cables, red & white cables from dvd to tv

PramitP :

You have 3 devices alltogether, correct? Bluray, dvd, directtv.?

Customer :

yes

PramitP :

Follow the steps. In case you have a query please ask

PramitP :

Connect Blu Ray player to TV using HDMI

PramitP :

Connect DirectTV using Red Green Blue(for Video) and White Red for audio

PramitP :

Connect DVD player to TV using Yellow(for Video) and White Red for audio

PramitP :

Scroll through the inputs using your remote in order to select the device you need to use

PramitP :

With the Blu Ray Player connected, I doubt you will need the DVD player.

Customer :

blu ray, dvd same machine

PramitP :

When I asked -

You replied - Yes

PramitP :

So I suggested that way

PramitP :

Now you gotta follow the first two steps only

Customer :

ok

PramitP :

If you have any other queries then I would be glad to assist you further.

Please do not rate unless you are not satisfied. If you feel like rating "Bad Service/I expected more" or "Poor Service/Helped a little", please stop yourself from rating and continue the conversation. I want you to be a happy and satisfied customer.

If you feel I have helped, please click on any of the smiley faces after the second one from left to accept and rate my answer.

Bonuses are always appreciated.

PramitP :

In case I don't reply back ASAP, do not rate until I have replied.

Customer :

well, now the picture is on, sound is great but now the dvd menu doesn't come up:(

PramitP :

Tried the Blu-Ray's remote? Check if it has got batteries or not

PramitP :

Also, if your player has got buttons on it, try those buttons instead of remote

Customer :

i don't know what else to do at this point

PramitP :

Did you try what I had asked you to?

Customer :

yes

PramitP :

Give me the model no of your TV and BluRay Player. I will let you know later tonight

PramitP :

I feel that the BluRays remote is not working

PramitP :

As far as your original question is concerned, that I have answered

Customer :

tv is sony bravia

PramitP :

Send me the exact model no.

Customer :

blu-ray/dvd is sony bdv e390

Customer :

kdl v26xbr1

Customer :

thanks

PramitP :

You're welcome, buddy

PramitP :

Bonuses are always appreciated.

PramitP :

Btw, if you can, then do try a different remote for Blu-Ray(maybe your neighbor has the same model)

Customer :

the blu ray remote does work, it scrolls through the tv inputs and controls volume on both dvd player an tv. i also went to the tv remote to check the input settings

PramitP :

Only problem is the BluRay Menu doesn't appear, correct?

PramitP :

I will be offline for a while. I will reply later tonight.

PramitP
PramitP
PramitP, Technician