TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

How do I get my Emerson TV picture to full screen, I have a

Customer Question
dark border all the way...
How do I get my Emerson TV picture to full screen, I have a dark border all the way around the picture.
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: TV
10/28/2012
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 5 years ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

- What is the model number written on back of TV?
- Do you get smaller picture in all inputs of TV? like watching cable channels or DVD movie etc

These info will help to trouble shoot the problem.
Thanks.

Model # LC320EMX

Yes, smaller picture in all inputs.

OK, please unplug TV and cable box power cords from wall outlet for few minutes, replug back in, turn them On and check.
Do you get full screen picture now?
Let me know to proceed further.
Thanks.

Unplugged the TV & Direct TV box, let set for ten minutes, still has same problem

OK, did you try to connect DVD player in TV to see how its picture appears?

Still small

Press Screen Mode button on TV remote repeatedly to change picture size.
Does it help?

There is no screen mode button on our remote

Is the remote came with TV that you have?
TV remote does have Screen Mode button to change aspect ratio of picture.

no, the tv came without a remote, this is a universal remote.

ah OK, need TV remote to change the picture size as universal remote may not have such button to access to aspect ratio options.
Let me know to find the TV remote for you.

You have been no help!

I'm trying to help, how do I change the picture size without related TV remote?
Louie, Technician