TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

Need a universal remote for my Samsung Smart TV

Is there a universal remote...
Is there a universal remote to control my Samsung Smart Tv , my Comcast set top box , my Apple TV set top box ,my Roku streaming video Sx set top box , Lg soundbar , and my Panasonic Bluray player? Is it even possible? Right now I have to handle 6 remotes. It's crazy
I'm not home now ,but will be on Friday ,late afternoon .
I live in VT . But I'm in FL. until then , so I will not be able to try the"answer" . I will be able to order any device before then if needed.
10/3/2012
Simit
Simit, Technician

For that many different devices, I would recommend getting a Logitech harmony remote. It can handle pretty much any device you can think of:

The model in the link below can handle up to 6 devices: http://is.gd/AhiOxF

I just ordered the remote but it will not be home until Friday .Does that device have dedicated "buttons for streaming video boxes such as Apple and Roku?

Yes, it will be able to do whatever the remote that came with those devices could do. You will need to connect the remote to your computer, and then you will be able to program the devices straight from your computer. Both those devices will work just fine.

You can even setup program(Optionally) where you can push a button, and, as an example, turn on your TV, Turn on the Roku, switch the TV to the Roku device. All with one button.
Simit
Simit, Technician

Great. I think setting it up with my computer will help. Before I was entering codes on the RCA remote and could not set it up . It also did not have bottoms for streaming video set top boxes. I completed the order for the remote you recommended.

All the best!

Simit
Simit
Simit, Technician