Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Mitsubishi TV Model WD 60737 - Status light is blinking yellow

Mitsubishi TV Model WD 60737 - Status light is blinking yellow and the set will not power on

Is the Status light definitely blinking Yellow, or is it Amber?

Also, is it blinking continuously, or in a pattern (such as 3 blinks, pause, 3 blinks, pause, etc.)?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Well now it has suddenly powered up but the sound isnt working. It was blinking yellow i think. Guess it couldve been amber.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

And now turned it off and on again and appears everything is working perfectly. What couldve been the problem? Did I waste money purchasing the new light assembly?

Thank you for the reply.

Without trying out a procedure to get an error code I could tell you for sure exaclty what caused the problem. Certain issues that could cause this are a failed/not depressed lamp housing, lamp cover switch, a ballast failure, a DMD board failure, a power supply failure, or simply a glitch in the EPROM. If the set still refused to power up then I could give you a procedure to get an Error Code from the set. You cannot get the code when the set powers up normally though so there will be no code available at this time.

If you need further assistance let me know.

If you are satisfied with the service, please rate my answer accordingly.