MD.SADIQUE
MD.SADIQUE, Technician
Experience:  Electronics Engineer,2yrs+ experience as a circuit analyst.
22727371

I cannot get closed caption off my Sharp Aquos LC60LE6334 TV. Pressing

I cannot get closed caption off my Sharp Aquos LC60LE6334 TV.

Pressing CC gives me no options to toggle and trying via "Change CC" presents no options.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I look forward to assisting you today with your question and providing the best answer possible.

Does your TV cable goes to a HD box and then to your TV ?

If yes, then what is the make and model of your HD box.

Thank you,
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Through a Comcast cable box, Motorola DCT1346 I.

Turn on the TV

Power off the Motorola receiver and then immediately press the MENU key on the front panel.

If the TV is on, the on-screen menu lists the User settings window you can configure.

Then under user settings using the arrow keys select CC and disable it.

Press the power or menu key to exit the menu and save your settings.

Tell me if it makes any difference to your problem.

Please remember to only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. IF you feel the need to click either "Poor Service" or "Bad Service", please stop and reply to me via the REPLY or CONTINUE CONVERSATION button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.

I can address follow up questions at no extra charge and I’m always here to help.
Thank you for using JustAnswer!
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

No luck. At one point I pushed CC and received an error message that the key was only operational when the TV was tuned to a channel.

I am running the cable from the cable box through a receiver (surround sound).

Were you able to pull up the on-screen menu that lists the User settings window which you can configure ?

Thank you,
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Yes, but I was given no options when I pressed Change CC....just an explanation of what the Change CC option is.

Give me few minutes.I am working on your question.

Thanks,
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Sure. By the way, I have one remote for the Receiver and one for the TV. Never use the cable remote but we had a house sitter and she probably pushed buttons on all three receivers.

Can you please re-check the model number of your HD box ?

Thank you,
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

It is a Motorola DCT3416 I (Last letter is I and not 1) , Dual Tuner DVR /HDTV Capable Cable Box that is supplied by Comcast.

Your TV is equipped with an internal Closed Caption decoder.

Press CC.
This will present the Closed Caption information display.
Then again press CC while the Closed Caption information is still on the screen.
Press repeatedly until you see OFF.

For example: If a program has three services (Digital CC(ENG), CC1 and Text1).Then on pressing the CC for the first time it will display Closed Caption information display, then when you press the CC second time it will display Digital CC(ENG), then again when your press the CC it will display CC1 .....keep pressing until you see OFF.

Tell me how it goes!

Thank you for using JustAnswer!
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Press CC.
Press repeatedly until you see OFF.

This is what the user manual states but pressing CC does nothing but display the Input Setting, "Input 1 HDMI". I am not presented with a display with options no matter how may times I press the CC button.

Similarly, when I use the View Options under System Settings and select Change CC, I am not presented with any Change Options.

Do you see the User settings window as shown in the picture below ?
graphic

Thank you,

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

No, I cannot find User Settings. Is that under System Options.

Follow the steps below to pull the User settings window:

Turn on the TV

Power off the Motorola receiver and then immediately press the MENU key on the front panel of the motorola box.

Thank you for using JustAnswer!
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

My apologies for being so dense. I was only working with the TV menu.

You solved my problem.

Thank you and look for the highest rating.