TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a Sony KDS-50A2000 Rear projection television. The…

I have a Sony KDS-50A2000...
I have a Sony KDS-50A2000 Rear projection television. The Self Diagnosis identifies that it is a power error (Blinks 6 times). Please advise me to what part needs to be replaced for this error (D5V is not supplied) to be corrected. Do you have a part number ? What's it called? Power block? Thank you in advance for your assistance.
7/31/2012
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Hello
Welcome
Thanks for the Question

I may be a few minutes between each request for info thanks for your patience!

It could be the thermal fuse or sensor if it has one or the 5volt supply for the fuse is absent are you able to use a meter?it will mean getting access to the thermal fuse which is around the lamp its meant to fuse if the lamp gets too hot

Let me know
Anthony
This dosn't sound like something I have the capacity to do. If it was replace a board or someting, I could do it. I don't believe I have the appropriate meter. The self diagnosis (6 blinks) is suppose to direct you to the problem/fix. From what I could tell by reading the Service Manual it suggested the power block/board needs to be replaced.
Hi

Yes the self diagnostic indicates that the 5 volt rail has been interrupted and yes your right it could be the powerboard not producing the 5 volts however its far more common to find that the thermal fuse or thermal sensor has failed this is fed by the same 5 volt rail so a measurement with a meter at the thermal fuse will indicate if the thermal fuse has failed or not if its OK 5 volts will be read either side if not then its failed, its a precautionary measure to make sure that the diagnosis is correct
The 6 blinks just indicates and helps with whats happened

Let me know which way you want to go with this please

Let me know if you dont understand anything or need more help

Please press the "continue conversation" or "reply to expert" button if you dont wish to rate me yet and require more info

Please remember if you select "bad serviceFrown smiley" or "poor serviceUndecided smiley"this will be a negative against my ratings and I wont receive a credit for helping you today instead of doing that please press the "continue conversation" or "reply to expert" and I will endeavour to help more

The thread will still be open even if you do rate the answer now

Many Thanks
Anthony

Anthony
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician