TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

We have a Sony SXRD rear projection TV, Mdl # XXXXX

Customer Question
The picture comes on for...
We have a Sony SXRD rear projection TV, Mdl # XXXXX The picture comes on for about 20 seconds and the goes off for about 20 seconds. The projection was replaced by Bset Buy about 2 years ago with a generic lamp. The sound is OK. Does this problem indicate that we need to replace the projection lamp again?
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: TV
7/31/2012
TV Technician: MD.SADIQUE, Technician replied 5 years ago
MD.SADIQUE
MD.SADIQUE, Technician
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I look forward to assisting you today with your question and providing the best answer possible.

Please look through the vent holes in the back of the tv, and tell me whether the lamp is staying lit the entire time ?

Do you see any red standby lights blinking on your TV ?

If yes, then please note the blink sequence of the red light and tell me.

For example - 3 blinks pause then turns off.

Thank you,