TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Tv will not come on standby light is lit but screen is black…

tv will not come on...
tv will not come on standby light is lit but screen is black 55 inch Viore model # LC 55vfz61
Answered in 1 minute by:
7/28/2012
Aric, Technician

How long have you had the set for and when did the problem occur?

Was it after a storm or power outage?

Additionally, is there any buzz, hum or clicking sounds coming from the set?

after a stormy night no noise had it for 10 months

Thank you for the reply.

This set was purchased brand new from a retailer correct?

Please disconnect the set from AC power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 10 seconds. After another minute, plug the set back in and press power once. Do you still have the same problem?

did not work did it twice

If the TV still does not power up, then there is a short inside the set stopping it from fully powering up.

You have a failure within the Power Supply board of the TV.Commonly the capacitors on this board will receive a surge and then fail. This is the most common mode of failure for these sets.

Seeing as you are still under the Manufacturer's One Year Warranty, you should contact the retailer and you will need to ask them where the closest service location is to have the TV repaired. I wish I had better news, but there are no buttons you can press to fix this and the TV will require service at this stage.

If you need further assistance, let me know.

If not, please do not forget to rate my answer.

did I mention the red standby light is lit

Yes you did. The symptoms I took into consideration when I posted the answer. There are no resets or buttons you can press to fix this problem and seeing as the set is under warranty, it does not make sense to open the set up and put money into fixing this yourself (which I could help you with).

Aric, Technician