TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

My philips 47" lcd tv shows AGING in a screen for a few

my philips 47" lcd tv...
my philips 47" lcd tv shows AGING in a white screen for a few seconds, then a blank screen for a few seconds. What should I do?
7/10/2012
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Hello
Welcome
Thanks for the Question

I may be a few minutes between each request for info thanks for your patience!

When you say the remote doesnt work either did this happen at the same time ?or doesnt the remote work nothing to do with fault?

How old is the set please?

Is this a banner "ageing" that comes up on the display?

Anthony
It is about 3 years old. It is simply the word AGING in black letters on the white screen, centre. Then it changes to a black screen. It does not respond to the remote control or side buttons, other then the power on/off button
See http://www.scribd.com/doc/76803662/2/Lock-Unlock-Aging-Factory-Mode
This describes the kind of Aging / factory mode that it is in, but the way to get to Factory Mode does not work, the side buttons do not seem to activate this mode
Hi

Yes however did the remote not working and this ageing happen at the same time?or was the remote simply broke?

Anthony
In fact we noticed that just prior to the AGING appearing message that the TV sound would go up and down by itself without the remote working, and that the remote then had no effect on this. It was as if though the remote receiver part malfunctioned
Hi

Thanks for that extra info this was very helpful

Yes you have a problem with the tact switches on the keyboard itself on the set itself, namely the volume ones when these go bad the set will lock out, its as though you had your finger on the button, so yes the keyboard wont work whilst its like that and somehow its got itself into ageing mode either when you pressed other buttons or spuriously, now what needs to be done is either for the keyboard to be replaced or the tact switches replaced then you can get out of this aging mode simply by applying an input

Do you understand this?

Anthony
Hi Anthony, thanks, ***** ***** and can have the tact push button switches replaced. How do I then get it out of Aging mode? Also, some time ago due to lightning the HDMI input ports got damaged, so switched the input video to AUX. I assume that there is an HDMI analog multiplexer chip, so while we have the TV open can we replace this and restore the HDMI? Where can I perhaps find a schematic for this part of the circuit so that I can buy a replacement HDMI mux or input buffer?
Hi

Your in SA so I cant point you to a supplier there for hdmi, what you need to do for that is get the partnumber from the board itself that the hdmi is on (usually mounted on the signals board)and google that partnumber, it may be available from a board pulling site, the same can be said about the keyboard
You can then get out of aging mode exactly as described at scrib you follow the instruction to get into factory mode then inject an input like a dvd the set should then leave aging mode

Anthony
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician