TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

my blue power light keeps blinking and T.V. wont turn on

Answered in 1 minute by:
7/7/2012
Tim Nolan
Tim Nolan, TV Repair Technician

Hi! Thank you for using Just Answer today! My name isXXXXX am happy to help you with this! Please bear with me and be patient as sometimes these issues take a little bit of figuring out before we know what's wrong. If you could give me some more information it will be very helpful:

-What is the model number for the television? (this can be found on the back of the unit)
-How old is the unit?
-Is the light blinking a code? (example 6 blinsk pause 6 blinks pause repeat)

Please give me this information and I will be happy to assist you further.
Thank you,
Tim Nolan

X37 about 6yrs old more or less
There should be more to that model number, do you see anything else?

Tim
P/N X37 SV-KOMODO S/N 630A1K AA1406
Ok,

Tim

no just blinking for last 5 hrs. t.v. just came on
So now its on and working?

Has it been taking longer and longer to come on lately?

Tim
yes

This is a very common problem with your tv, what has most likely happened (about 99% of the time) is the power supply is failing, more specifically there are a few caps in the power supply that have most likely failed. The unit will require component replacement to get it working again. Do you have any electronic repair experience, test equipment, and soldering equipment? If so I can assist you with this repair. If you do not have the above equipment and skills a repairman will be required for this repair, you can expect the bill to be around $200.

I am sorry that I don't have a magic button or a quick fix for you on this one, but component replacement will be required.

Please remember to RATE my service! IF you feel unsatisfied with my service at all, please stop and reply to me via the REPLY TO EXPERT button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.

Thank you,
Tim Nolan

i repaired radios when I was in the Marine corps
OK do you have a soldering iron?

What you need to do is remove the back cover and inspect the power supply for any capacitors that have bubbled tops. Let me know what you find....If you are unsure what you are looking for you can post a picture to me and I will inspect for you. (if you can post a picture, please click the icon above where you are typing with the paper clip on it. This will allow you to upload a picture)

Tim
Tim Nolan
Tim Nolan, TV Repair Technician
Tim Nolan
Tim Nolan
Tim Nolan, TV Repair Technician