TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

My JVC television (LT-32DE9BJ) wont start. All I get when

Customer Question
My JVC television (LT-32DE9BJ) won't...
My JVC television (LT-32DE9BJ) won't start. All I get when I switch on is the pilot light but I get no picture and no sound. I have taken the following action so far:

a.disconnected and re-connected the mains.

b.checked the plug fuze.

c. disconnected and re-connected all peripheral equipment.

d. pressed stand-by button several times but with no result.

e. switched the set on and off several times.

What is likely to have gone wrong?

Please not that the fault occurred after the power supply was accidentally disconnected whilst the Application was loading
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: TV
7/2/2012
TV Technician: Anthony_Infotech, Technician replied 5 years ago
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Hello
Welcome
Thanks for the Question

Could you explain the above a bit more please?

Anthony
Hi, after the power supply to my TV set was accidentally disconnected, I have not been able to get it going again. The blue pilot light comes on but there is no picture and no sound. Can you tell me what the fault could be?
sincerely, BOB
sincerely, BOB
,Hi,  after the power supply to my TV set was accidentally disconnected, I have not been able to get it going again.  The blue pilot light comes on but there is no picture and no sound.  Can you tell me what the fault could be?
sincerely, BOB
Hi Bob

I may be a few minutes betwen replies whilst I check info and write on this

Ok so the blue light is in the ON mode the set seemingly looks like its on but you have a black screen and no sound?

If you press the menu button of the sets own remote control does the menu come up or not please

Anthony
Answwer to your question: if I press the Menu button on the handset nothing happens, the screen remains black
,Answwer to your question: if I press the Menu button on the handset nothing happens, the screen remains black
Hi Anthony,

If I press the menu button of the set's own remote control the menu does NOT come up.

In fact no matter what button I press the screen remains black and there is no sound.

Bob
Hi

Sorry I have connection probs that has forced me to use a dongle sorry about that

OK its likely to be a bad mainboard if the set is not responding yet looks like its on (powerlight lit) if I found a mainboard at the right price do you think you can fit it ?also can you use a meter?

Anthony
Thank you Anthony,

you've answered my question. The mainboard has obviously gone but I'm not in a position to fit a new one myself. Thank you for your help

Yours

BOB
Hi

Are you happy with the answer please?
Do you want a price on parts and fitting by a tech?

If you are happy with this or need more info let me know and I will send you the rating box

Thanks

Anthony
Louie, Technician