TVGURU
TVGURU, Technician
Experience:  15+ yrs in Consumer Electronics, Telecommunications, Computer, Voice & Data Industry
36856233

How to connect Bose Cinemate Digital Home Theater System to the TV?

How to connect Bose Cinemate Digital Home Theater System to a 740 WD-82CB1 Series Mitsubishi Home CINEMA Television?

The TV uses a "Coaxial" Digital Audio Output jack to send it's Audio signal out to external devices. The Bose is a strictly analog set of powered speakers. The workaround is that you need to purchase a Digital to Analog Audio Converter, which would connect via a single RCA cable to the TV's "Digital Output" jack, and will convert the signal to standard RCA. From there, you would use RCA cables from the converter to the Bose system. The link to the converter you'd need is below:

http://avaccessparts.com/Audio-DAC-180-997avap.htm

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I tried to and a digital to analog decoader, GTV-DD=2-AA and it didnot work.
Hi there and thank you for using JA. My name is ***** ***** I'd be happy to assist you.

There are two series of the CineMate system, does the back of your connections look like the picture I have attached? One optical and one set of analog connections?
Thank you, Michael

graphic
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
no just one set of analog connectors and power cable
Great, thank you. This means you have the CineMate Series 1. Also, can you verify your model number of your TV. From what I can tell from what is written, you have a WD-82740 82″ 3D Home Cinema TV. If I am correct, please let me know and we can move on with possible solutions. When did you purchase the TV? Thank you, Mike.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
yes, a WD-82740 82" 3D Home Cinema, I purchased last month !
Great, well done!

As previously mentioned the 740 series does not have the required analog outputs from the TV to use with the Bose system you currently have. All is not lost though. What is your ultimate goal? Do you want your cable TV or satellite set top box to play through the Bose system? Or are you trying to have sound from your DVD player, game system etc… to play through the Bose? We may be able to wire your "audio" from your source component(s) directly to the Bose system. The video will go directly to the TV and the audio will plug directly into the Bose system. Many set top boxes and DVD players still support a traditional stereo RCA style (red & white connectors) audio output. Please define for me what sound (from which source component) would you like to hear through the Bose?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
the 82" tv through my cable box
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
like to have sound from TV come through the bose system,the 82" tv through my cable box
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
,the 82" tv through my cable box
Your cable box should have outputs on the back for stereo audio red and white. You should be able to connect those directly to your Bose system. Some boxes will allow an HDMI connection to the TV and the analog audio to an older speaker system like yours. Some cable boxes will actually cut off the analog audio outputs once you plug in an HDMI cable but that's generally not the case.

Please look for audio outputs on the back of your cable box that say stereo left and right (red and white RCA connectors) and connect those to the Bose. If this does not work the adapter you mentioned was the wrong adapter. The one my colleague recommended originally should bring you more success. If you feel more comfortable shopping on Amazon you can try FiiO Digital to Analog Audio Converter, click here for link. The adapter you mentioned above only converts Dolby Digital 5.1 signals to analog and your TV is outputting PCM digital signals. If wiring the cable set top box to the Bose does not work, then a converter is your best option. If you want to share your cable box make and model I can see what connections are available. Thank you, Mike.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
cable box is a comcast motoroia
What model Motorola? They currently have about 12 or more in circulation.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

its a HD Dual Tuner DVR DC46416 HDMI Dolby Digial

Are you using an HDMI cable to connect your cable box to your TV or some other connection?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
yes
You should be able to connect a simple stereo RCA cable (red & white) from your cable set top box to your Bose speaker module. The box you specified supports analog audio out and it should work with the HDMI connected. Simply run the cable from your cable box to your Bose. I have attached a picture showing you which connection points on the Motorola Box you need to plug into.

graphic

If there is anything further I can do to assist please let me know. If not, kindly click the green accept button below. Also, please consider leaving positive feedback and bonuses are greatly appreciated. Thank you again for using JA and have a great day. Michael, CT USA
TVGURU, Technician
Experience: 15+ yrs in Consumer Electronics, Telecommunications, Computer, Voice & Data Industry
Did you have any further questions I may assist with this evening?