TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

Netflix Not Loading On Panasonic Viera Smart TV.

Customer Question
Netflix is not loading on...

Netflix is not loading on my Panasonic Viera Smart TV.

What can I do about it?

Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: TV
Expert: TV Tech1, Technician replied 5 years ago
TV Tech1, Technician

When you access Netflix, do you at least get to the point where you get the red Netflix display page and see the white spinning balls on the screen?

And how about some of your other applications? How do they behave? You get BBC news or maybe a weather widget/application that connects just fine?

If so, then the TV, the router and the internet are working correctly. If they work fine, it is half the battle won.

All the other apps such as the news/youtube/weather are working fine but I go to Netflix press the button to load it up and it flashes the red netflix screen for just a second, it goes to a black loading screen and after a few seconds brings me back to the Viera connect screen.

It sounds like Netflix has crashed on you then.

You'll have to get online with your computer, access your Netflix account, then deactivate and reactivate your TV set's connection to them.

I believe this is what you select now. They made some changes to their account pages, and this is where you find deactivate/reactivate --

graphic

When you do that, your TV should show you its activation code again. Reinstall it and it should fix the problem.

Now, if that does not work, I'll be honest with you. TV manuals, no matter what brand you buy, provide NOTHING on the Internet access, how to add/remove a widget/application and re-install it.

I had to look that up on my Samsung, within smart and then add/remove using the colored buttons.

I usually don't have to delete the old application, then access Samsung's Widget store and pick up a new Netflix Widget free of charge but it's there and I've added/deleted before.

I would expect Panasonic has the same setup.

Louie, Technician