TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

I have a 62" Mitsubishi dlp tv and I cannot get it to reset

Customer Question
power went out and the...
I have a 62" Mitsubishi dlp tv and I cannot get it to reset power went out and the green timer light keeps blinking cannot turn on
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: TV
5/24/2012
TV Technician: Tim Nolan, TV Repair Technician replied 5 years ago
Tim Nolan
Tim Nolan, TV Repair Technician

Thank you for posting your question on Just Answer! I will be happy to help you with this problem. Can you please give us some more information so I can better answer your questions.

-What is the model number for the television? (this can be found on the back of the unit)
-How old is the unit?

Please give me this information and I will be happy to assist you further.
Thank you,
Tim Nolan
I am not where I can get the model but the TV was purchased from HH Greggin about 2004
Are you able to get the model number when you get home and reply back with it?

Tim
I am not where I can get the model but the TV was purchased from HH Greggin about 2004 How do I get response yes i can do that but is there any magic to resetting or what do you think it might be ?
I am not sure, there is a reset on some models but without the model number I could not tell you if yours has one or how to do it.

Tim
model number WD 62725
OK there is a system resset button on this model just to the left of the lights on the front. If you look to the left of the light that is blinking about 2 inches there is a small hole you can put a pen in to reset it.

Unfortuantely though, I have never seen a reset fix this problem on this model...the green blinking light you have is very common. This is actually bad news, the set is not exactly dead but does need about $500-$800 worth of repair work so many would consider this dead at this point.

There are two boards in your set that are common to fail, but Mitsubishi will not sell them individually, they require the "chassis" of the TV to be sent in and repaired by them. This is not good news because it causes the price to be so high on the repair. The two boards that fail are the DM and the formatter, Unfortunately this is actually a very common occurrence, I see many disappointed customers in your position that end up with a TV that’s only a few years old and needs more money than it’s worth in most cases.

The only good advice I can give you is to call Mitsubishi and complain to them, sometimes they will pay for part of the repair but this set is getting older now so I don't know if they will still do anything for you or not. I am sorry I don't have a quick fix or easy answer for this one.

If you would like any additional information or have more questions please don't hesitate to ask!

Thank you,
Tim Nolan

Tim Nolan
Tim Nolan, TV Repair Technician
Tim Nolan
Tim Nolan
Tim Nolan, TV Repair Technician