TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

My mitsubishi tv model wd-60737 has no sound or picture,what

could be the problem?...
my mitsubishi tv model wd-60737 has no sound or picture,what could be the problem?
5/22/2012
Tim Nolan
Tim Nolan, TV Repair Technician

Thank you for posting your question on Just Answer! I will be happy to help you with this problem. Can you please give us some more information so I can better answer your questions.

-What are the lights on the front of the tv doing?
-How old is the unit?
- Do you have this problem while watching all different devices hooked to this television? (DVD player, cable, satellite, game counsel, etc.)

Please give me this information and I will be happy to assist you further.
Thank you,
Tim Nolan

on three years yes
The lights on the front are acting normal?

If you push the MENU button on the tv, does the menu show up?

Tim
no
No to both questions?

Tim
no to both questions
OK if the light on the front are not acting normal.........what are they doing?

Tim
light on front of tv blinks then stay on when i turn off power it will not go off
the only way to get the light off is to unplug the tv?

Tim
OK is it staying on red or green?

Tim
red
OK when red press the ACTIVITY and CH DOWN buttons on the front of the tv, hold them down until the light starts flashing. What is the code yours flashes? (example 2 blinks pause 3 blinks pause 2 blinks pause 3 blinks pause repeat)

Tim
this will my problem
Sorry, what was your last comment?

Tim
thi will solve my problem
No this will get us the error code so we can know what your problem is.

Tim
it blinked twice then three time then four times on green light
it should keep repeating two numbers back and fourth, its not doing that?

Tim
it did that first then stoped
Ok try it again, see if it changes?

Tim
it blinked six times then stayed on status green light
66 is a lamp error, we need to pull the lamp out to see if it is shattered. Can you do this?

Tim
will have to take back off,can tou wait?
No problem, take your time I am here all day. Also you just need to take the lamp door off, not the entire back.

Tim
thanks
Let me know.

Tim
the lamp does look burnt and out
OK well thats actually pretty good news as far as a broken tv goes, this is the best problem you can have.

I would recommend www.dlplampsource.com to order a new one.

Tim
Tim Nolan
Tim Nolan, TV Repair Technician
Tim Nolan
Tim Nolan
Tim Nolan, TV Repair Technician