Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

I HAVE A 55" THAT WILL NOT COME ON WHEN TURNED ON I GET THE

Customer Question

I HAVE A 55" THAT WILL NOT COME ON WHEN TURNED ON I GET THE VIZIO LOGO AS USUAL, THE HDMI1 AND RETRIEVING DATA TWICE THEN THE SCREEN GOES DARK I HAVE TRIED UNPLUGGING HOPING TO RESET BUT DOES NOT WORK PLEASE HELP
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 5 years ago.
Hello
Welcome
Thanks for using JustAnswer

If you could just answer the below info requests please this will help me a lot thanks!

I will need the model number please found on the back of the set?

Does the sound stay on?

Anthony
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
model numbervf550m,sound will not stay on
Hi

Basically whats happening is the set is reaching switch on and start up but because theirs an issue with the backlight going off the set "trips" and shuts down, now i'm afraid theirs no magical fix here the reason has to be established why the backlight is going out it could be

1 Poor grounding of the invertors (the invertors control the backlight)
2 The invertors itself
3 The backlight itself
4 The supply to the invertors

So I dont have a quick fix if your/someone you know is practical then some checks can be made using a meter ?
Otherwise www.tvrepairpros.com will locate a tech near you

Let me know if you need more info
Anthony
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
where and what is the invertor?
Hi

Thats a good question
Yes they are located usually down the left and right hand side of the chassis (rear of the set removed)they are arranged in a master/slave arrangement (usually)and directly control the backlight, they are onlong in appearance
If you have any difficulties spotting then send me a photo using the paperclip above your text window

Let me know please which way you want to go with this ., sorry its nothing easier

Anthony