Tim Nolan
Tim Nolan, TV Repair Technician
Experience:  Factory trained TV repair technician. U.S. NAVY trained.
12486280

have a sony bravia kdl-46s4100. Power turns on but no picture

have a sony bravia kdl-46s4100. Power turns on but no picture or sound. Pulled power plug for a couple of minutes and then plugged back in. Still no picture or sound. power light on but nothing.
Category: TV
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 5 years ago.
Hi!

If you look close at the screen in a dark room, do you get a glow to the screen?

Is the power light acting normal?

Tim
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
in dark room the screen has no glow. green power light on tv looks like it is acting normal
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 5 years ago.
OK and if you push the menu (or home) button on the tv, I assume the menu wont show up either?

Tim
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
t.v. is hanging above my door and i have a broken foot so I can't actually push buttons on tv. I am using remote and get no response other than turning power on and off ( thus i think remote is working fine). please advise
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 5 years ago.
You are trying with the Sony remote though?

Tim
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
yes
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 5 years ago.
OK if we have no glow and no menu then we probably have a power issue or a problem with an inverter board. Do you know how to use a meter? If so I can assist you in troubleshooting this. If not you are going to need a tech at this point, bad news is you are looking at $300-400 for repair on this unit.

Tim