TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

I have a Philips model 42PF7321D/37 when turned on the green

Customer Question
I have a Philips model...
I have a Philips model 42PF7321D/37 when turned on the green light is on for 10 seconds.
It turns off and the pilot light flashes 4 times and stops for 3 seconds and red starts all over again...There is no sound and raster. The power supply board was changed, but this seems to have made no difference...The TV is still broke...any ideas???
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: TV
5/11/2012
TV Technician: Tim Nolan, TV Repair Technician replied 5 years ago
Tim Nolan
Tim Nolan, TV Repair Technician
Hi!

Are the new and old power supply acting 100% the same?

Do you know how to use a meter?

Tim
I own two VOMs and was an engineer for Philips 18 years in another divsion.

Both power supplies act the same...no difference..
Are you able to get me a picture of the tv with the back off so I can mark on it where we need to test? (if you can post a picture, please click the icon above, where you are typing, of the paper clip. This will allow you to upload a picture)

Tim
The original power supply board # XXXXX XXXXX PS-424-ph Rev .55 The replacement board is # XXXXX PS-424-ph graphicscan 0003Rev 0.7 I also replaced Caps on the old board C8059 and C8060 (10V 3300mf ) and still no sound or picture...I have attached a picture of the chassis.

Thanks

Frank
Fran, I see no pictures, where did you send them?

Tim
I thought it was attached Sorry...Should I try again or do you gave an e-mail address?

Frank
I am not allowed to give out an email, if you send them [email protected] they can forward it to me.

Tim
Hi!

Just wanted to check on you and see if you ever sent those photos?

Tim
Yep. two days ago...A woman in your office acknowleded them and was forewarding to you...I can find her name in needed

Frank
Did you put it in a PDF?

Tim

Yep... it was scan0003.pdf

Frank
Have you checked the fuses on the sustain boards there?

Tim
Tim

No, but I'll pull every fuse I can find and advise back.

Frank
Ok, no need to pull them, you can check them in circuit. There is one on the Y sustain and one on the Z sustain right next to where the large plugs from the power supply plug in.

Tim
I tested the five fuses I found.

4 on the power supply board LJ44-00101C and 1 on X main board LJ41-02758A.
All tested good... I can find anymore.

Frank
There is one on the Y sustain....

graphic
Hi

I can't make a full image with what yousent...what is the board number and postion of this fuse....
I'll try to find it.

Fank
I see that, sorry not sure why that picture came through so bad.

If you are looking at the back of the tv, this fuse is on the Y sustain board just to the left of the power supply.

Tim

I found it and it was good...

Frank

The board number was LJ41-02759A

Frank

Do you see the two skinny boards on the left side of the tv? One goes from the top half way down and one from half way down to the bottom? I need you to take the top one out of the tv, turn it on...any change?

If not, put the top one in and take the bottom one out...any change?

Tim
Tim Nolan
Tim Nolan, TV Repair Technician
I took the boards out one at a time and no change what so ever....I took the upper board
out and tested ...I put it back ...than took out the lower board.. the red light blinks 4 times
and no picture or sound,,

Frank

OK are the VS and VA voltages coming up out of the power supply?

Tim
OK... What's next?
I need you to test the VS and VA voltages coming out of the power supply.

Tim
Tim Nolan
Tim Nolan
Tim Nolan, TV Repair Technician