TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My Sanyo television does not have audio on ONE CHANNEL ONLY!

Customer Question
All other channels have normal...
My Sanyo television does not have audio on ONE CHANNEL ONLY! All other channels have normal audio. Coaxial and splitter have been checked. Another television was connected and the audio of the same channel was good. It is obviously my television, what should I do?
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
4/25/2012
TV Technician: Tim Nolan, TV Repair Technician replied 6 years ago
Tim Nolan
Tim Nolan, TV Repair Technician
Hi!

Your tv is probably in SAP mode. In the audio settings under MTS you need to choose STEREO as your setting.

IF you cannot find this, let me know the model number for the tv and I will check out the manual for you.

Tim

The television is at home with my 88 yr old mother...I am trying to help her remotely. I cannot get her on the telephone currently; what if I accept what you suggested (pay the $) and discover it does not help?

WHY would the other channels have regular and perfect audio while only one channel does not?

No problem, no hurry here you can reply back anytime after speaking with her.

The reason this is most likely your cause is because SAP stands for Second audio program, when on it activates the second audio channel in some stations. So you could hear Spanish instead of English if available, however many times it just causes problems like this where you loose sound on one channel.

Tim
Tim Nolan
Tim Nolan, TV Repair Technician
Tim Nolan
Tim Nolan
Tim Nolan, TV Repair Technician