TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

Have a Emerson LCD TV 42" model # LTDN42V68US, Flesh tones…

Customer Question
Have a Emerson LCD...
Have a Emerson LCD TV 42" model # LTDN42V68US, Flesh tones on the picture are green. Cannot adjust from the picture mode.
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
4/21/2012
TV Technician: Steve G., Technician replied 5 years ago
Steve G., Technician

Hi. I'm Steve. I'm sorry to hear about your TV. I will try my best to give you a precise and accurate answer.

Is this green tint across all of the TV's inputs?

Grab the Emerson remote (NOT the cable box remote) and pull up a menu. Is it similarly green?

Let me know.

No, just on the flesh tones, all the other colors are fine, Just everyone has a geen face.

That's not really what I was getting at.

Let's try this. Do you have a DVD player or a Wii or something else connected to the TV?

We have a dvd player.
Ok...do you get the same problem when you play a DVD?
No, When you play a movie in the dvd the color is fine.
Ok, we're getting there. So, is there a difference in how the cable box and the DVD player are connected? For example, is the cable box using a red white and yellow set of wires? How about the DVD player?
Ok, There are 5 plugs going into the back of the tv, one is white, one is red, one is orange, and two of them are blue. The dvd player has a single yellow plug that is a lot thinner than the other five.

Ok let's look at the orange and two blues. These probably are red, green and blue.

The blue should be connected to a blue jack at each end (TV and Cable box). The red should be connected to the red jack at each end and the green etc....

First, make sure that is the case and then make sure the connections are good.

Let me know.

Steve

I know what you are saying, But the tv cables have been hooked up the same way for two years,Nobody touched them, The green faces on the tv just started today.

Ok, then the most likely culprit is the main processing board in the TV. On these TVs that is the board that has the RCA connections attached to it. You would need to change it out with a new or refurb'd one like THIS ONE.

This should take you less than 30 minutes. No soldering is required. Just take the back off the TV, unplug the old board, plug the new one in.

To have this done at a TV repair shop will probably run around $225-$275.

I'll be here if you need more help. I want you to be 100% satisfied with my answer.

Please remember to click 'Accept' and/or give me a positive rating so that I am compensated for my time and effort. If you don't, I won't get anything. It doesn't close the question and we can still continue.

Please also bookmark my web page at www.stevetheguru.com so that you can contact me with your future electronic questions.

Thanks very much.

Steve

It was the cable box.

Well, I was leaning that way but you said:

No worries.

Good luck with your TV.

Steve

Steve G., Technician