Joe
Joe, Technician
Experience:  ASE cert tech for over 12 years, electronics has been my highest study, 4 years of home electronics
20508815

What is the remote control code for the Hitachi LCD projector

Customer Question

What is the remote control code for the Hitachi LCD projector model #CP-S225
Category: TV
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 5 years ago.
Hi!

what kind of remote are you using? (cable or satellite?)
Tim
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
My remote for the unit remote control doesn't work. I bought a universal remote from radio shack. I have a Hitachi LCD projector model # CP-S225
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 5 years ago.
Do you have a model number for the universal remote?

Have you tried programing it already?

Tim
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes, I tried programming the new remote for the projector. Model # CP-S225 made by Hitachi
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 5 years ago.
ok so the remote that came with the projector stopped working, then you could not program a new remote to it?

Tim
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
That is correct
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
What is the code for the remote?
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 5 years ago.
Ok well then chances are the remote is not the problem, its probably a bad IR sensor in the tv.

Take the original remote, point it at a camera or a cell phone with a camera, press a button on the remote and look through the camera at the point of the remote. Do you see a light coming from the tip of the remote?

Tim

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I did the check with the original remote and I did not see a light. I used the universal remote and I see a light when I press any buttons.
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 5 years ago.
OK well then the original remote did go bad.

Ok do you have the model number for the universal remote so I can look up codes?

Tim
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
It's a radio shack remote Cat No 15-310. Big button remote control
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 5 years ago.
There are a bunch of codes for you to try:

001,003,004,005,011,012,013,014,015,018,
019,020,028,031,040,042,052,066,123,141,
151,155,198,199,200,254,255,257,282,309,
334,437,448,482, 498

Tim
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Shipmate, I'm retired Navy as well. Rate was AD. These codes came with the new remote and I tried them and my projector did not turn off. These codes are for TV's. Would there be different codes for the projector?
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 5 years ago.
These are all I see...but I will opt out and see if any other experts have any other codes.

Tim
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
OK
Expert:  Joe replied 5 years ago.

Thank you for using justanswer.com, my name is Joe and I will be glad to assist you with your concern today.

I completely understand what you are trying to do but I hope you understand where I am coming from, even if we do get a universal remote to work for you the only universal ones that I have really seen that will control all functions are expensive remotes and or smart programable remotes and I mean $100+ and right around there. With that said I can say that it is most likely this remote you have is not going to control all functions of the projector and the very best professional advice I can give is to purchase another factory remote for the unit if the old one is truly bad:

http://www.replacementremotes.com/HITACHI/Buy-HL01444-PROJECTOR-Remote-Control.html

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/301599-REG/Hitachi_HL01444_HL01444_Card_Type_Remote_Control.html

Hex codes: http://www.hitachi-america.us/products/consumer/tv/support_contact/download/remote_ir_codes/

You can try some not mentioned above:

009 059 061 079 088 091 137 139 140 142 143 144 145 146 179 210

If you still need further assistance just let me know.

Thanks,

Joe