TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

We have a Mitsubishi LT-46151 television. The green power

Customer Question
We have a Mitsubishi LT-46151...
We have a Mitsubishi LT-46151 television. The green power LED is blinking and the screen is blue. We have held in the power switch for ten seconds until the TV shuts off. We have waited for several minutes and then turned the TV back on. The LED blinks for about 30 seconds, becomes steadily on for about ten seconds, then returns to blinking. The screen remains blue. Is there something more that we should try?
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: TV
4/1/2012
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 5 years ago
Aric, Technician

How long have you had the set for, and when did the problem occur?

Was it after a storm or power outage?

Does the standby/timer light blink continuously, or in a pattern (such as 5 blinks, pause, 5 blinks, pause, etc.)?

We have had the set for 2 1/2 years. There was no storm or power outage. The set is connected
to the electrical power through a Monster brand signal conditioner. The LED blinks continuously.
The problem occurred this morning.

Please disconnect the set from AC power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 10 seconds. After another minute, plug the set back in and press power once. Do you still have the same problem?

I have done as you wrote. We still have the same problem.

Please disconnect the set from AC power for 2 minutes, then upon plugging back in, press and hold the power button for 8 seconds to try and force a reset.

If the TV still does not power up, then the flashing light would indicate that there is a short inside the set stopping it from fully powering up.

It is most probable that there is a failure on the power supply board inside the TV. Commonly the capacitors on this board will receive a surge and then fail. They can sometimes be visually verified by removing the rear of the set and inspecting them for bulges or leaking fluid at the top or the base of the caps. This is the most common mode of failure for these sets.

The capacitors are located on the power board inside the set, where the AC cord plugs into and can be replaced by a Tech for no more than $200 parts and labor.

Unfortunately there is no sequence of buttons or reset you can perform to get the set working again. Do you have any experience testing live voltages, or soldering on electronic equipment?

If not, then I would suggest using the link below to locate a technician in your area:

http://www.tvrepairpros.com/

If you need further assistance, let me know.

If this answers your question, please click "Accept", as it is the only way we Experts get paid for our knowledge on the site. Tips and Bonuses are welcome and appreciated!!

Aric, Technician
Aric, Technician