Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

how do I stream netflix on my Samsung tv?

Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 5 years ago.

p0llinate :

Hello, I would like to assist you with your question today. Please remember to click ACCEPT after you are satisfied so I get credit for my time.

p0llinate :

Can you please let me know the full model number of the tv?

p0llinate :

It usually starts with a PN

p0llinate :

such as PN50C550

Customer:

PN50A550S1FXZA

p0llinate :

thank you,

p0llinate :

This tv doesn't have any built in "smart" functionality. So you can't stream netflix without some additional equipment.

p0llinate :

Many newer bluray players are web enabled and have this functionality, or you can get an external streaming device, such as an apple tv, logitech revue, or roku device.

Customer:

What equipment do I need to purchase?

p0llinate :

You can also stream netflix through many game consoles such as wii, xbox360, and ps3, if you have any of those already.

Customer:

I do have a blueray/surround sound DVD player it is also a Samsung

p0llinate :

If you just want something simple, I'd recommend a roku, it's easy to use and the most affordable option, usually under $75. Here is a link: Roku 2 HD Streaming Player

p0llinate :

If you let me know the model of your bluray system I can tell you if it has this functionality. If it's more than about a year old, it probably doesn't.

Customer:

ok it's HT-C6600

p0llinate :

You're in luck, your bluray does support internet connectivity and does have a netflix app.

p0llinate :

Your bluray has built in wifi, so you'll just need to go into the blury menu/setup, under network settings, connect to your network (select your network name and enter password), establish a netflix account if you don't already have one, register the player to the account, and then start streaming movies.

Customer:

Thank you