TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

my samsung plasma tv has a red flickering light (constant)

Customer Question
and is automatically changing sources...
my samsung plasma tv has a red flickering light (constant) and is automatically changing sources by itself every 30 minutes or so. The remote does not work, except when I select Power. To this it just changes sources and will not power off. When I use the power off button on my direct TV remote, it turns off fine.
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/21/2012
TV Technician: Anthony F., Owner of TV Service Center replied 5 years ago
Anthony F.
Anthony F., Owner of TV Service Center

Anthony's TV :

Hello JA Customer I have been fixing Tv and Electronics since I was 5 years old With better than 20 years experience and 17 years in business

Anthony's TV :

The most common cause for the is the remote eye in the tv

Anthony's TV :

begins oscilate

Anthony's TV :

you can sometimes cure it just by taking it apart and moving a few wires and reconnceting it

Anthony's TV :

other times it needs to be changes

Anthony's TV :

changed

Anthony's TV :

it could also be the keypad itself with a stuck or leaky button

Customer:

symptoms continued with the batteries removed from the remote

Anthony's TV :

yes it doesnt matter you have to kill the reciever not the transmitter

Anthony's TV :

you have to open the tv and find the remote eye

Customer:

so you are suggesting I take apart the tV to disconnect the receiver and reconnect it?

Anthony's TV :

unplug it

Customer:

will give that a try but think my wife already did. BRB

Anthony's TV :

believe it or not it works 60% of the time

Anthony's TV :

ok

Customer:

ok, that seems to have done the trick. My wife indicated she had not done it before so I guess I goofed as that would have been my first thought. Always recycle power! Thank you

Customer:

the remote is operating fine and the red light is no longer flickering

Customer:

so all I need to do now is press accept, is that correct?

Anthony F.
Anthony F., Owner of TV Service Center
Anthony F.
Anthony F.
Anthony F., Owner of TV Service Center