Steve G., Technician
Experience:  VP of electronic repair company. Audio nut.
329447

Have a Panasonic TH-50PZ85U is blinking 10 times. Is the A

Have a Panasonic TH-50PZ85U is blinking 10 times. Is the A Board the one that needs to
be replaced

Hi. I'm Steve. I'm sorry to hear about your TV. I will try my best to give you a precise and accurate answer.

Unplug the TV for 60 seconds and then plug it back in. Do you get the 10 blinks then (i.e without doing anything) or after you try to turn the TV on?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
We get 10 blinks when we plug the tv back in
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

we are Eastern time too

Ok, that is either your P, A, GS, K, or GH boards.

Further troubleshooting to narrow down which one it is can only be done by checking some voltages inside the set. If you have a meter, I can walk you through it.

Let me know if that is something you can do.

If not, give me your zip and find someone in your area that may be able to look at it for you.

Steve

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Steve We have the 2 P Boards and 1 A board out. Our Zip is 19438. Will they look at the boards we don't want to have to take the whole TV in

Ok, you need to put the boards back in so that we can troubleshoot.

When everything is connected, unplug the set again for 1 min. Then plug it back in. Do you hear a click of the power supply relay?

If yes: Is there 15V at pin 7 of connector P6/A6 when the TV is plugged into the AC line?

If no: Unplug the TV. Using a voltmeter, place the positive probe at pin 6 of connector P7 while the negative probe is grounded. Plug in the TV. Is there 3.2V present for a couple of seconds when the TV is plugged into the AC line?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Please refer me to someone local, zip 19438. Thank you

Give these guys a call. http://www.mortstvrepair.com/

I'll be here if you need a second opinion after they look at it.

I'll be here if you need more help. I want you to be 100% satisfied with my answer.

If happy, please remember to ACCEPT my answer and to give a positive 'smiley' rating so that I am compensated for my time and effort. Please bookmark my web page at www.stevetheguru.com so that you can contact me with your future electronic questions.

Thanks very much.

Steve