TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

My HD Mitsubishi TV is not working. An orange light keeps blinking.

Customer Question
What's the problem?...
My HD Mitsubishi TV is not working. An orange light keeps blinking. What's the problem?
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: TV
3/6/2012
TV Technician: Rod, TV & Communications Sys Repair replied 5 years ago
Rod, TV & Communications Sys Repair

To be able to help you more accurately, we will need the complete model number.

Which light is blinking "orange"?

Thanks,

That is the model number. At the bottom right front of the 65" TV is a tiny on/off switch.

To the left of it is a green light that stays on when the unit is on. The blinking orange light is half an inch to the left of where the green light should be on.

The model number will have 5-digits, such as WD-65732 if this is a DLP projection TV.

Also, on the lights flashing - from the diagram below, which one is green and the other flashing?

graphic

Thanks,
Lamp status is on. Model number is XXXXX

Have you replaced the lamp recently?

Is the light more red than yellow? Solid or blinking?

Thanks,

I replaced the lamp 2-3 months ago. The light has more red than yellow.Blinking.

Hi Daniel,

The blinking light means the lamp cover is loose. Power off the TV and let it cool down.

The open the lamp door and reseat it and see if the TV will start. If not, then we will have to initiate the diagnostic routine.

Thanks,
Rod, TV & Communications Sys Repair
Rod, TV & Communications Sys Repair