TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have horizontal lines across the whols screen on my wega…

Customer Question
I have horizontal lines across...
I have horizontal lines across the whols screen on my wega 60" xbr tv. Any ideas on how to fix it? Today it would not even light up. It used to be real bad when first turned on then getting better as the set warmed up but never totally going away.
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: TV
3/5/2012
TV Technician: Mike G., Technician replied 6 years ago
Mike G.
Mike G., Technician

Sorry to hear about your problem. I will be happy to help.

"Not even lighting up" is usually the lamp. If it has not been changed in a while then it is time for a new lamp. Lamp is about $150 can be installed by you or a repairman for additional $150 labor.

"Horizontal lines across the whole screen" can be many things from a loose ribbon cable to the A board to the optical block. Figuring out which part is causing it is the difficult part, that depends on many things like does it happen on all inputs, is it on or under the Tv Menu, is it on the internal service menu test patterns, etc. A repairman will charge $100-$150 to figure out the problem. If it's just a ribbon cable the total could be $300-$350. If it needs the A board then add another $175. If it needs the optical block then add another $700-$800. Installing these parts is very difficult on this model (strongly suggest you not attempt it yourself).

I am here to help so if you want more information or need further assistance simply reply here to this topic. It may take several minutes for me to be notified of your reply so please do not relist your question and please do not walk away without responding or clicking accept. If this information has helped you at all then please click accept. Thank you for coming here to get your answer.